[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio[24553]: ratelimit.c: 497 events suppressed

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jul 14 06:43:52 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Chris at 14/07/10 12:12 did gyre and gimble:
> I've always had 'Glitch Free' mode disabled after our conversation on
> this when in happened in 2010.0.

In that case, you can try re-enabling it. Perhaps the problem is related
to underruns that are not being handled nicely?

> I've reported this to the alsa-dev list
> and the only one who responded way Raymond Yau who, as before, replied
> with I need to run pulseaudio -k ; pulseaudio -vvvvv. I've done that and
> have a bzip2 file of 9k, was 129k. I don't know what to do with the log
> file now though. Is this a Mandriva issue?

I'm not sure if it's specific to Mandriva no, but it could be that there
are kernel-level patches that address these issues.

Raymond is always keen to get involved in discussions, but can often be
very cryptic with his messages (not deliberately I'm sure) and it's not
always easy to work out what he's saying or the point he's trying to make :(

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]