[pulseaudio-discuss] How to Use a Tunnel Source

Jim Duda jim at duda.tzo.com
Fri Jul 30 14:28:41 PDT 2010

If I open PulseAudioManger on host "jim", I can seet that I have a "source" which is identified as "tunnel.asterisk.local.sphinx_record.monitor".  I want my application to attach to this "source", however, my application can only use ALSA.  As such, I assumed I need to use the pulseaudio alsa plugin.  What do I need to put into my .asoundrc file in order to address "tunnel.asterisk.local.sphinx_record.monitor"?

	Name: tunnel.asterisk.local.sphinx_record.monitor
	Driver: module-tunnel.c
	Sample Specification: s16le 2ch 48000Hz
	Channel Map: front-left,front-right
	Owner Module: 27
	Mute: no
	Volume: 0: 100% 1: 100%
	        0: 0.00 dB 1: 0.00 dB
	        balance 0.00
	Base Volume: 100%
	             0.00 dB
	Monitor of Sink: tunnel.asterisk.local.sphinx_record
	Latency: 0 usec, configured 0 usec
	Flags: DECIBEL_VOLUME LATENCY
	Properties:
		device.description = "Monitor Source of Sphinx Recording Source on pulse at asterisk"
		device.class = "monitor"
		device.icon_name = "audio-input-microphone"

Thanks,

Jim