[pulseaudio-discuss] How to Use a Tunnel Source

Jan Braun janbraun at gmx.de
Fri Jul 30 16:54:55 PDT 2010

Jim Duda schrob:
> If I open PulseAudioManger on host "jim", I can seet that I have a
> "source" which is identified as
> "tunnel.asterisk.local.sphinx_record.monitor".  I want my application
> to attach to this "source", however, my application can only use ALSA.
> As such, I assumed I need to use the pulseaudio alsa plugin.  What do
> I need to put into my .asoundrc file in order to address
> "tunnel.asterisk.local.sphinx_record.monitor"?

You don't specify the exact PA sink/source in .asoundrc, you just
specify "use pulse" there. See
http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup#ALSAApplications
Then your alsa app should connect to pulse, and you use pavucontrol (or
possibly your PulseAudioManger) to move its stream to the "tunnel..."
source. If you have module-stream-restore loaded, it'll remember that
source for future invocations of your app.

HTH,
    Jan