[pulseaudio-discuss] difference between Gnome Sound Preferences and PulseAudio Volume Control

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 16:04:49 PDT 2010

> On Sun, 2010-06-06 at 20:39 +0000, Piscium wrote:

configuration files or different ones?

> Because if it is to the same configuration file they could conflict,
> no? That is, one tool could overwrite the changes made by the other?

First off, please don't top-post, and please fix the threading with your
mail-client (looks like you're using a webmail). Fixed for you this
time.

On-topic - yes they control the same thing, you can think of them as two
steering wheels to the same car. You wouldn't want tool A to mute your
volume, then the volume to come unmuted when tool B opens. More to the
point, pulseaudio is an audio server, and all these control tools are
just clients manipulating some parameters.