[pulseaudio-discuss] difference between Gnome Sound Preferences and PulseAudio Volume Control

Piscium groknok at yahoo.ie
Mon Jun 7 02:14:06 PDT 2010

----- Original Message ----

configuration files or different ones?

> Because if it is to the same configuration file they could
> conflict,
> no? That is, one tool could overwrite the changes made by the
> other?

First off, please don't top-post, and please fix the threading
> with your
mail-client (looks like you're using a webmail). Fixed for you
> this
time.

-----------
This is the first time ever anyone asks me to post top, bottom or otherwise. No problem. I just wonder if this is a forum rule, and if so, if there are more like this as I would rather not unwittingly infringe them.

For this email I enabled a Yahoo option "When replying & forwarding: Quote the text of the original message". The result is not pretty, as you can see above. The lines were broken and the '>' inserted in the wrong places, This looks like a Yahoo bug. If I had not enabled that option then it would be difficult to distinguish an answer from the previous post (no indentation).

So it appears that Yahoo is not suitable for this forum. Perhaps I will consider opening a gmail account or alternatively use a client with the Yahoo account - which would mean that emails would be downloaded to my computer.

Which is all quite interesting. We hear so much about cloud computing where most people only have thin clients and all the data resides in the cloud, and Yahoo Mail, one of the most prominent cloud services falls short! Needless to say I do not believe this cloud hype.

On-topic - yes they control the same thing, you can think
> of them as two
steering wheels to the same car. You wouldn't want tool A to
> mute your
volume, then the volume to come unmuted when tool B opens. More to
> the
point, pulseaudio is an audio server, and all these control tools
> are
just clients manipulating some