[pulseaudio-discuss] Weird data flow (not waveform)

José Tomás Tocino García theom3ga at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 11:19:39 PDT 2010

Hi, I'm using the Pulseaudio Simple Api to get the microphone input.
It works ok, because I can hear exactly what I say on the mic if I
open an output stream, but if I dump the audio stream to a file and
then plot it (using gnuplot for instance), it's got nothing to do with
a waveform. I realized so when I was trying to apply a FFT to the read
stream, I was getting weird results.

When I used portaudio, I got waveform-like streams, regardless of data
types. What happens in Pulseaudio? Maybe it's got something to do with
the other thread about PCM.

Thanks.

--
José Tomás Tocino García