[pulseaudio-discuss] Changing default soundcard on attach/detach of soundcards

Jeremy Nickurak jeremy at nickurak.ca
Wed Jun 16 08:04:59 PDT 2010

> I'm not against supporting this in some capacity, but I would not want
> it to be the default behaviour.

Here's one argument in favor of it being the default behavior...

If we can't get it right automatically in general, and the user sees
it happening wrong, they at least have some indication that
intervention is required on their part.

Does pulseaudio perhaps need to be throwing some visual indication to
the user that streams switched devices as a result of a plug event,
maybe with a very simple pointer to where to go to fix things?

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: jeremy at nickurak.ca =-