[pulseaudio-discuss] Volume jumps to 100% on KDE startup in KDE 4.4.0-4.4.1

Dwight Paige dwight.paige at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 11:19:01 PDT 2010

Thanks for the reply. Ok, I've got PulseAudio enabled in Mandriva. It is
showing PulseAudio devices not Alsa. And it appears I've reported
incorrectly. I set KMix>Playback Devices [only output shown] to 50% and
rebooted and it was still at 50% upon login. I believe PulseAudio is
working as expected in Mandriva so far. If I run across something in
Mandriva that seems wrong I'll post it here or file a bug report. So
this appears to be strictly happening in Fedora for me.

I have installed the pulseaudio packages in >Main>Testing [version
1.0.21]. No problems to report so far. I wonder if there are
corresponding packages in Fedora?

Now I'm going to login to Fedora and check some things. Will post back
here later today.