[pulseaudio-discuss] Volume jumps to 100% on KDE startup in KDE 4.4.0-4.4.1

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Mar 14 11:43:01 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Dwight Paige at 14/03/10 18:19 did gyre and gimble:
> Thanks for the reply. Ok, I've got PulseAudio enabled in Mandriva. It is
> showing PulseAudio devices not Alsa. And it appears I've reported
> incorrectly. I set KMix>Playback Devices [only output shown] to 50% and
> rebooted and it was still at 50% upon login. I believe PulseAudio is
> working as expected in Mandriva so far. If I run across something in
> Mandriva that seems wrong I'll post it here or file a bug report. So
> this appears to be strictly happening in Fedora for me.

Great :)

FWIW, the kmix in Fedora may be a pure ALSA one or an older version of
my kmix work. I spoke to the Fedora guy in charge of those pacakges just
the other day and he was in the process of updating the kmix patches.

If your kmix in Fedora there are configuration settings that prevent it
from restoring the sound on login. My integrations patches automatically
disable this now but older versions wont. So I suspect that it's simply
a matter of manually configuring kmix to not save/restore settings until
it is updated with the latest version of my patches.

> I have installed the pulseaudio packages in >Main>Testing [version
> 1.0.21]. No problems to report so far. I wonder if there are
> corresponding packages in Fedora?

I believe the updates have already been shipped in Fedora. I don't
follow the updates there very closely so can't say for certain. "rpm -q
--changelog pulseaudio" will probably tell you more.

> Now I'm going to login to Fedora and check some things. Will post back
> here later today.

Cool

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]