[pulseaudio-discuss] Volume jumps to 100% on KDE startup in KDE 4.4.0-4.4.1

Dwight Paige dwight.paige at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 15:41:07 PDT 2010

This post applies to my old/original install of Fedora 12. I have
restored it to original default behavior so it is functioning same as
new F12 partition. I did this by:

1. stopping pulseaudio server I think the command is 'pulseaudio -k'

2. removing '/home/<uname>/.pulse file and then

3. removing all pulseaudio packages [14 packages total] with 'yum erase'

4. reboot

5. reinstall the same 14 packages

6. reboot

ASFIK PulseAudio and sound are functioning normally. I certainly no
longer have any objectionable volume issues in EITHER Fedora 12 partition.

So like any good old GNU/Linux user I'm going to turn my NEW Fedora 12
partition into Fedora 13 alpha...

Colin thanks for your help. Some time soon I'm going to reread

http://colin.guthr.ie/2009/10/so-how-does-the-kde-pulseaudio-support-work-anyway/

http://colin.guthr.ie/2009/08/sound-on-linux-anti-fud-calm-certainty-and-confidence/

http://colin.guthr.ie/2009/08/sound-on-linux-is-confusing-defuzzing-part-1-alsa/

http://colin.guthr.ie/2009/08/sound-on-linux-is-confusing-defuzzing-part-2-pulseaudio/

and see if I can understand this information now. Before I really didn't
understand  what I read.

--
Thanks,
Dwight Paige