[pulseaudio-discuss] source to sink question.

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon May 10 07:30:42 PDT 2010

Is it possible route a source directly to a sink completely within PA
without affecting other sources?

The reason I ask is that I got one of those USB turn tables as a gift
and I would rather use the USB connection for playback instead of the
RCA cables (for one they're too short to make it to my receiver
without extensions) and it uses Burr Brown A/D converters which should
provide good quality. Additionally I'm using SPDIF for audio output
from my MythTV box to my receiver so it should just be able to pass
the audio on as a 44.1kHz PCM stream to my receiver right?

Thanks,
Richard