[pulseaudio-discuss] Does pulseaudio require alsa/oss

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue May 11 00:37:00 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and John Frankish at 11/05/10 06:46 did gyre and gimble:
> OK, so I have pavucontrol working and can switch between streams from the built in sound card and
> Bluetooth headphones.

Nice :)

> The udev detection still does not work - is there any recommended trouble-shooting I can try?

Hmm, strange.

I'd speak to your distro to make sure you have all the necessary support
in your kernel needed for this. It could be related to the SYSFS related
options.

# CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2 is not set

But it seems from reading above that you've already checked this?

> Does a user have to be a member of a pulseaudio group for udev to work?

No, there shoudl not be any need for any specific group membership to
work. In fact being a member of the "audio" group on a multi user system
can actually break things (because the group membership overrides the
ACLs when switching users.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]