[pulseaudio-discuss] Does pulseaudio require alsa/oss

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue May 11 01:55:19 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and John Frankish at 11/05/10 08:55 did gyre and gimble:
> Yes, I checked the distro (www.tinycorelinux.com) kernel config and things seem to be setup properly.
>
> Is there anything I can do to attempt to debug this?

I'd suggest posting the kernel config somewhere so people can double check.

The problem is going to be basically one of:
 1) kernel not compiled with the right options
 2) Too old a udev

I'm not sure about debugging, but stepping through the code in
module-udev-detect and adding in extra debug logs to see precisely where
it fails would be a reasonable approach to nailing it down.

Do other users on this distro have the same problem or are you the only
one to report this problem?

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]