[pulseaudio-discuss] source to sink question.

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 06:12:41 PDT 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Michał Sawicz <michal at sawicz.net> wrote:
> Dnia 2010-05-10, pon o godzinie 09:30 -0500, Richard Shaw pisze:
>> Is it possible route a source directly to a sink completely within PA
>> without affecting other sources?
>
> Check out module-loopback:
> http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/Modules#module-loopback

That looks like exactly what I need but I could use a little more
info. The wiki tells me "what" I need to do but there is a severe lack
of examples on "how" to do it.

Is this something I should be able to accomplish in pavucontrol or
configure manually in default.pa? Also, for the sink and source name
should I use what I see in "pactl list"? Or would it be better to
manually assign sink and source names in case the auto-generated ones
change for some reason?

Thanks,
Richard