[pulseaudio-discuss] source to sink question.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue May 11 06:35:49 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Richard Shaw at 11/05/10 14:12 did gyre and gimble:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Michał Sawicz <michal at sawicz.net> wrote:
>> Dnia 2010-05-10, pon o godzinie 09:30 -0500, Richard Shaw pisze:
>>> Is it possible route a source directly to a sink completely within PA
>>> without affecting other sources?
>>
>> Check out module-loopback:
>> http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/Modules#module-loopback
>
> That looks like exactly what I need but I could use a little more
> info. The wiki tells me "what" I need to do but there is a severe lack
> of examples on "how" to do it.
>
> Is this something I should be able to accomplish in pavucontrol or
> configure manually in default.pa? Also, for the sink and source name
> should I use what I see in "pactl list"? Or would it be better to
> manually assign sink and source names in case the auto-generated ones
> change for some reason?

You just need to load the module:
pactl load-module module-loopback

Once it's loaded you can "wire up" the input and output in pavucontrol
under the Recording and Playback tabs (you may need to change the drop
downs to show the stream however).

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]