[pulseaudio-discuss] Problems with mplayer in Ubuntu 10.04

Mihai Sucan mihai.sucan at gmail.com
Thu May 13 04:26:58 PDT 2010

Hello Colin and Daniel!

I just found the following Ubuntu PPA repo:

https://launchpad.net/~scottritchie/+archive/ppa

which includes the latest release of OpenAL. I installed it and now
mplayer works fine. Yay!

Daniel: *Please* backport it to Lucid (lucid-updates or lucid-backport). I
am sure it breaks on many systems.

Colin: If you can break the freeze, perhaps this is the moment. The latest
release of OpenAL solves the problems I had.

Thank you all!

Best regards,
Mihai

--