[pulseaudio-discuss] Not only autospawning, but all PA daemon startup of any kind appears impossible with PA trunk

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sat May 15 10:14:24 PDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 15:38 +0100, Nix wrote:
> Obviously I'm missing something, but this hunk of this change:
<snip>
> is not conditional on autospawning actually taking place: it will
> trigger when the daemon is started conventionally.
>
> Proof:
>
> nix at mutilate 440 /home/nix% /usr/bin/pulseaudio --start
> N: main.c: User-configured server at sound.srvr.nix, not autospawning.
>
> Shouldn't this check autospawn_fd, or *something* initialized only when
> autospawning? Or am I missing something? (I suspect I must be.)

I was confused when making that commit. I think the logic is correct,
but the commit message and the log message are wrong. The commit message
can't be fixed, but the log message should be "User-configured server at
%s, not starting."

I'll prepare a patch for the log message tomorrow.

--
Tanu Kaskinen