[pulseaudio-discuss] First start by gnome-session doesn't honour default.pa?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Oct 5 00:41:21 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Ng Oon-Ee at 05/10/10 02:17 did gyre and gimble:
> On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 12:42 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> 'Twas brillig, and Ng Oon-Ee at 02/10/10 04:56 did gyre and gimble:
>>>
>>> http://pastebin.com/rM1gJfEr - pactl list before pulseaudio -k
>>> http://pastebin.com/RYEZGVbr - pactl list after pulseaudio -k
>>
>> Hmm, not sure to be honest. I suspect it's still related to gconf in
>> some capacity, but not 100% sure.
>>
>> We'd probably need debug output from the server to debug further.
>>
>> I know we have a gconf helper binary, but not sure when/how it's
>> launched if I'm honest, but I suspect that poking about in the
>> module-gconf code will maybe be the right direction.
>>
>> Col
>>
> And I just rebooted and it happened again =). I have not reset anything,
> what logs do you want me to check?

I guess checking that gconf is running fully and that
/usr/lib64/pulse/gconf-helper is running (or similarly named - you may
not have the lib64 name).

Then I guess unload and reload the gconf module again. It should
automatically run the gconf-helper when it's loaded.

Perhaps try killing the gconf-helper binary before loading the gconf
module again. I'm not really 100% sure what else to advise, but
generally fiddling around with this is probably best.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]