[pulseaudio-discuss] First start by gnome-session doesn't honour default.pa?

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 01:35:51 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 08:41 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Ng Oon-Ee at 05/10/10 02:17 did gyre and gimble:
> >>
> > And I just rebooted and it happened again =). I have not reset anything,
> > what logs do you want me to check?
>
> I guess checking that gconf is running fully and that
> /usr/lib64/pulse/gconf-helper is running (or similarly named - you may
> not have the lib64 name).
>
> Then I guess unload and reload the gconf module again. It should
> automatically run the gconf-helper when it's loaded.
>
> Perhaps try killing the gconf-helper binary before loading the gconf
> module again. I'm not really 100% sure what else to advise, but
> generally fiddling around with this is probably best.
>
> Col

Okay, doesn't help though. gconf-helper was clearly running before
unloading (sorry forgot to copy paste that, but yes it was). Was not
running when unloaded, was running again when loaded again.

ngoonee at ngoonee-laptop ~ % pactl unload-module 9
ngoonee at ngoonee-laptop ~ % ps -e | grep gconf
 5276 ?        00:00:04 gconfd-2
ngoonee at ngoonee-laptop ~ % pactl load-module module-gconf
21
ngoonee at ngoonee-laptop ~ % ps -e | grep gconf
 5276 ?        00:00:04 gconfd-2
27689 ?        00:00:00 gconf-helper