[pulseaudio-discuss] First start by gnome-session doesn't honour default.pa?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Oct 5 01:57:47 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Ng Oon-Ee at 05/10/10 09:35 did gyre and gimble:
> Okay, doesn't help though. gconf-helper was clearly running before
> unloading (sorry forgot to copy paste that, but yes it was). Was not
> running when unloaded, was running again when loaded again.
>
> ngoonee at ngoonee-laptop ~ % pactl unload-module 9
> ngoonee at ngoonee-laptop ~ % ps -e | grep gconf
>  5276 ?        00:00:04 gconfd-2
> ngoonee at ngoonee-laptop ~ % pactl load-module module-gconf
> 21
> ngoonee at ngoonee-laptop ~ % ps -e | grep gconf
>  5276 ?        00:00:04 gconfd-2
> 27689 ?        00:00:00 gconf-helper

Hmm, in that case, I'm pretty stumped. To be honest I want to ultimately
replace the gconf dep for paprefs... I did make a start on a
module-loader that acted as a fancy replacement for loading modules but
rather than use gconf externally, it just used our build in storage and
made editing of the modules available via a protocol extension.

If I complete this work, it'll solve your problem but by the same token
it's not a solution for now.

I can't honestly say what the problem is here. I'm guessing it is in
some way related to some kind of main loop integration but I really
don't know the gconf stuff (or the purpose of the helper) well enough to
comment with any more detail :(

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]