[pulseaudio-discuss] Noise when setting volume of individual tracks w/ multichannel files

pl bossart bossart.nospam at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 12:22:55 PDT 2010

Hi,
I tried to see if the latest changes in git master to the volume
control code fixed a bug I noticed some time ago. No luck. When
playing a 6-ch file, if I change the volume of, say, the front left
with pavucontrol, a noise appears. As soon as one volume setting is
different (higher or lower) from that of the other channels I hear
this noise. If the volume changes for all channels at once, the noise
disappears.
I don't really understand the volume control code, but I wonder if
this can be confirmed by others?
-Pierre