[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio-0.9.14 on Slackware 12.2 with Droplinegome 2.26

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Oct 20 15:01:19 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Ron Hermsen at 20/10/10 21:55 did gyre and gimble:

>> Basically the console kit module is failing to load due to a dbus problem.
>>
>> Also seems that some other application has your Alsa device open (Device
>> or resource busy message indicates this), perhaps this means that you
>> simply can't use your h/w in full duplex mode (e.g. opening the sink
>> prevents the source from actually working?)
>>
>> Anyway, actually two bugs there.
>
> Do you think they are both PA bugs, or could the second one be
> hardware limitation of my old soundcard?

I suspect neither are pulseaudio bugs! The first is just a problem with
your dbus or console-kit setup.

I think the latter could very easily be a due to old h/w like you say.

This is handled differently in newer PA versions by module-alsa-card,
that implements a probing mechanism to determine how the h/w can be used.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]