[pulseaudio-discuss] Add delay to a sink

Oliver Konz mail at oliverkonz.de
Wed Sep 15 05:54:05 PDT 2010

Hi all!

I'm new to this discussion group - so, sorry if this has been already
discussed... (However I couldn't find anything in the archives.)

I want to playpack audio with mpd in multiple rooms. To achieve this I have
defined two outputs in mpd: A local PulseAudio sink and another remote
PulseAudio sink. I can turn the outputs on and off - works like a charm!
The problem is that I have a slight delay between the local and the network
audio, which results in an echo effect.

I do not expect network audio to work without delay, but is there a way to
add a delay to the local sink to compensate this?

Regards,
Oliver