[pulseaudio-discuss] running pulseaudio as user on boot

Christoph Groth cwg at falma.de
Sat Sep 25 06:12:13 PDT 2010

Hello,

At home, I have a little server, which is connected to a screen but
usually not used as a desktop.  The server is connected to decent
speakers which I would like to use via the local network from my laptop.

Now, what is the recommended setup for this?  As there is not always
someone logged-in graphically on the server, I thought of running a
system-wide pulseaudio server, but this is not recommended.  On the
other hand, requiring someone to be logged in does not sound as a nice
solution either.

Is running a pulseaudio as a user from an init script a good solution?

Christoph