[pulseaudio-discuss] pavucontrol not seeing network sound devices

Christoph Groth cwg at falma.de
Sat Sep 25 11:06:05 PDT 2010

Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> writes:

> 'Twas brillig, and Christoph Groth at 25/09/10 13:59 did gyre and gimble:

>> However, I understand that padevchooser is obsolete and I should be able
>> to choose the output device with pavucontrol.  But this does not work, I
>> can only see the local device there (or, upon changing the default device
>> with padevchooser, the remote one).
>>
>> So, how is this supposed to work?  I am grateful for any hints.
>
> I guess the debug output from pulseaudio when module-zeroconf-discover
> is added will likely tell you what is up.

Thanks for your help, Colin.  Looking at the debug output of pulseaudio
led me to http://www.pulseaudio.org/ticket/694.  Setting use-ipv6=no
in /etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf solved the problem.

Is this an issue with pulseaudio itself, Debian's configuration or
rather my switch not handling ipv6 correctly?

Christoph

PS.

Being able to switch the audio output device on the fly is really cool!
Thanks to the authors for the great work with pulseaudio.