[pulseaudio-discuss] First start by gnome-session doesn't honour default.pa?

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 07:13:24 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I've enabled the virtual simultaneous output option in paprefs, and also
the line 'set-default-sink combined' to /etc/pulse/default.pa

I do not have ~/.pulse/default.pa or any user-specific configuration.

Whenever I first start Gnome, the simultaneous output is not loaded, and
thus is not set to default. When I 'killall pulseaudio' the next
instance works as I expect (simultaneous output exists and is default).

Could this have something to do with esdcompat? My gnome-media,
gnome-settings-daemon, and libcanberra are all compiled with pulseaudio
enabled.

I could of course workaround this by running killall pulseaudio
everytime I boot, but that's not exactly optimal =)