[pulseaudio-discuss] rygel mediaserver

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Apr 12 08:31:20 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Gunnar Aastrand Grimnes at 11/04/11 11:27 did gyre
and gimble:
> Hi all,
>
> What is the status of the rygel mediaserver integration atm?
>
> In paprefs I can enable upnp/dnla sharing, and the services and stream
> appears in any players on my network, however, actually playing the
> stream does not work. I have tried with my WDTV box, a LG BlueRay+DLVA
> player and simply playing the stream locally with the upnp-inspector.
>
> I have also enabled the http-tcp module, as someone said this was needed.
>
> The rygel webpage says something about MediaServer spec v1 being
> deprecated, and that pulse needs to implement v2, but this appears to be
> done here:
>
> http://git.0pointer.de/?p=pulseaudio.git;a=blob;f=src/modules/module-rygel-media-server.c;hb=ff7acb4d059e21b318b0464ee6fd1785318071cc
>

> Does anyone have this working?
> Any hints for debugging what goes wrong?

I think you have to load module-protocol-http as well (not sure I've got
the name totally correct).

I tried it with my PS3 but never got very far (it defo did try to talk
to the http module tho')

If you get it working with your WDTV box just by loading http protocol,
please report back and I'll tweak paprefs.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]