[pulseaudio-discuss] padevchooser replacement

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Dec 14 13:24:45 PST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Victor Mataré at 14/12/11 19:59 did gyre and gimble:
> Hey,
>
> Am I right in that there's currently (after padevchooser deprecation) no GUI
> way of choosing the server to use? That's a real problem for me since I
> frequently switch between local and networked servers, as do other users on my
> network who can't be expected to use the console for that task.
> Any idea how to switch servers conveniently without padevchooser?

We generally recommend always using your local PA daemon and using Avahi
and similar auto discover to automatically add tunnel sinks to remote
machines you want to use. This way you can move streams from local to
remote and back again as needed rather than restarting applications
every time you switch servers.

  Trac Hacker http://trac.edgewall.org/