[pulseaudio-discuss] Make discoverable PA network sound devices available locally results in huge network traffic

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Wed Feb 9 08:59:21 PST 2011

On 2011-02-09 17:13, Maarten Bosmans wrote:
> 2011/1/26 Colin Guthrie<gmane at colin.guthr.ie>:
>> 'Twas brillig, and Maarten Bosmans at 26/01/11 10:49 did gyre and gimble:
>>>
>>> Well, I was pleasantly surprised to see that pavucontrol from git
>>> master worked a lot better than the version packaged on Ubuntu
>>> (0.9.9). I'll use the newest version for a while and look out for
>>> little problems like you described.
>>
>> Yeah I've been meaning to push out a new release at some point (Lennart
>> asked me a while back to handle that but I said I'd happily hack on it
>> and let him do the releases, but I'll probably just take over the
>> releases now :D)
>
> If you'd care to add my patch and make a release, I'll poke whoever is
> the maintainer of pavucontrol to include a newer version.

That would probably be Sjoerd Simmons <sjoerd at debian.org>. Now that
Debian 6.0 is out I guess getting stuff in that way will be easier,
hopefully.

Btw, we all seem to be busy with our own stuff only, but we all would
like others to test the stuff we do, so do you want to make a deal? :-)
I'll test some of your patches (tell me which ones) if you test my
pulse-mixer patches.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic