[pulseaudio-discuss] Trying to get Pukseaudio playing nice with KDE 4.6 on Arch Linux

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Feb 14 11:39:53 PST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Gene Kodadek at 14/02/11 19:10 did gyre and gimble:
> There's a problem with that. With the default /etc/pulse/default.pa I have no
> sound at login. I can only get sound by loading the jack modules and running
> Jack. System Settings -> Multimedia -> Phonon -> Device Preference only shows
> the dummy output and the Jack sink, which cries out to me that there's still
> something wrong with my PulseAudio configuration.

Does jack run at login? If so this is expected. As I said in my reply,
I'd recommend NOT running jack at login. If this is not the problem then
we'll need to look deeper (basically provide pulseaudio -vvvv output
while jackd is not running with the upstream default.pa)

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]