[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio and NX

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Wed Feb 16 04:59:25 PST 2011

Hi - We have a Fedora and KDE4 system. If someone logs into a system using
NX - http://www.nomachine.com/ - while they have a local session running,
the sound from the NX session comes out of the local machine. When they log
out of the remote system the pulseaudio server is killed on the local
session.

Is there any way to stop the remote NX sessions talking to the local
pulseaudio session? We don't care about sound forwarding.

Setting PULSE_SERVER to an invalid value didn't seem to help. Is there
something like a PULSE_DISABLE environment variable?

Thanks

Jeremy