[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio and NX

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Feb 16 05:28:51 PST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Jeremy Sanders at 16/02/11 12:59 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi - We have a Fedora and KDE4 system. If someone logs into a system using
> NX - http://www.nomachine.com/ - while they have a local session running,
> the sound from the NX session comes out of the local machine. When they log
> out of the remote system the pulseaudio server is killed on the local
> session.
>
> Is there any way to stop the remote NX sessions talking to the local
> pulseaudio session? We don't care about sound forwarding.

You can either:
 1. Edit /usr/bin/start-pulseaudio-x11 and comment out the load-module
line for module-x11-publish
or
 2. Run pax11publish -r

This removes the configuration variables pushed into the X11 root window
as properties and should do what you want.

HTHs

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]