[pulseaudio-discuss] PA Roadmap Planning and LAC Conference

Maarten Bosmans mkbosmans at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 13:29:01 PST 2011

2011/2/17 Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie>:
> There have been a few discussions recently about getting a solid roadmap
> organised for the next medium term of PA development. While the
> stable-queue stuff has been bubbling along nicely enough, there are
> several new features in the 1.x master branch but no real timescales
> decided. There are quite a few willing people out there these days which
> is really encouraging, but we need to get a solid focus on when to
> expect releases and what we hope to achieve in each one. This email is
> the start of that process.

A solid plan for the next releases would indeed be very nice.

> With regards to IRC meeting, I propose initially that we do this next
> week sometime (the sooner the better). For the sake of argument, I'll
> pick a time: 11am UTC Thursday 24th. Other timing suggestions welcome.
> I'd expect it to take at least 1h but probably less than 2h and it would
> be good if people involved could be fairly focused during the meeting
> window. I'll prepare an agenda and ensure that notes/logs are taken
> (with a meetbot) and made available afterwords. We will likely use a new
> IRC channel for this but anyone who wants to sit in, lurk or actively
> particpate would be most welcome.
>  Q: Is this time suitable for everyone (Lennart in particular)?

I'll try to be there.

I'm not sure if there is space on the agenda, but I'd like to discuss
pavucontrol for a little bit. Not so much the current status, but
rather what our vision is to what it should be, especially compared to
the Gnome/KDE-specific alternatives.

Maarten