[pulseaudio-discuss] PA Roadmap Planning and LAC Conference

Scott Reeves sreeves at novell.com
Fri Feb 18 09:03:09 PST 2011

>>> On 2/16/2011 at 04:54 PM, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There have been a few discussions recently about getting a solid roadmap
> organised for the next medium term of PA development. While the
> stable-queue stuff has been bubbling along nicely enough, there are
> several new features in the 1.x master branch but no real timescales
> decided. There are quite a few willing people out there these days which
> is really encouraging, but we need to get a solid focus on when to
> expect releases and what we hope to achieve in each one. This email is
> the start of that process.

Sounds great. Have you pushed a stable-queue+latest updates out recently for
your distro? I've been testing it the last few days and it seems pretty good.
I'm thinking about pushing it to openSUSE

> With regards to IRC meeting, I propose initially that we do this next
> week sometime (the sooner the better). For the sake of argument, I'll
> pick a time: 11am UTC Thursday 24th. Other timing suggestions welcome.
> I'd expect it to take at least 1h but probably less than 2h and it would
> be good if people involved could be fairly focused during the meeting
> window. I'll prepare an agenda and ensure that notes/logs are taken
> (with a meetbot) and made available afterwords. We will likely use a new
> IRC channel for this but anyone who wants to sit in, lurk or actively
> particpate would be most welcome.
>  Q: Is this time suitable for everyone (Lennart in particular)?

I would really like to attend but I am UTC-7 so that's 4am for me. A couple hours later
would be great but I understand moving it for me probably makes it worse for
someone else.  I'll try and attend but will certainly read the logs if not.