[pulseaudio-discuss] pavucontrol. Also Nvidia HDMI

Christopher K. c.krooss at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 21 16:46:12 PST 2011

Hi,
first I'd like to ask if pavucontrol is still maintained, as the last
release seems to be from 2009.
If it's not, what is currently considered the official way to adjust PA?

If it is: what could be the cause for an application-icon becoming
this big: http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4872/screenshotax.png
It's an svg, shows correctly in systray and compiz alt+tab.

My second question is about sound over hdmi with an Nvidia GTX460
(NVC4 /GF104 family):

aplay -L gives
hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0   -> pcm3p/
hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=1   -> pcm7p/
hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=2   -> pcm8p/
hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=3   -> pcm9p/

but only pcm7p actually does anything.

So currently I use
load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:1,7
to add a sink, but PA automatically adds pcm3p as "GF104 High
Definition Audio Controller Digital Stereo (HDMI)",
so I effectively have two nvidia-hdmi sinks, one of which does
absolutely nothing.

Is there any way to disable the automatically added sink OR define
which device to chose as default?

I'm sorry if this question has been widely discussed. Regards.
Christopher K.