[pulseaudio-discuss] A2DP - Bluetooth source to alsa sink audio routing

Cristina Cristea doina.cristina at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 05:14:55 PST 2011

On 02/23/2011 04:08 PM, Maarten Bosmans wrote:
> Please keep the conversation on the mailing list. (though it looks
> like I forgot to do that too)
>
> 2011/2/23 Cristina Cristea<doina.cristina at gmail.com>:
>
>> No, the glitches are now more rarely and smaller. But, after 31 minutes of
>> playing (with only one small glitch, bearly audible, on min 27), PulseAudio
>> started to display a lot of underrun messages and died.
>>
> Died, as in crashed? Verbose log output would be interesting here.
> Most likely the CPU load limiter kicked in and pulse shut itself down.

I don't have the CPU load limiter activated in my daemon.conf and there
is not much information in PulseAudio log.
I: module-loopback.c: Coud not peek into queue
I: module-loopback.c: Coud not peek into queue
I: module-loopback.c: Coud not peek into queue
Killed
After playing for a while with only small glitches and a constant CPU
usage of around 80%, the  pulseaudio CPU usage reaches over 100%, bigger
glitches are showing and PulseAudio is killed.

>> Also, module-loopback causes PulseAudio to be a a very big CPU consumer on
>> my system-like about 80%.
>>
> That should not be. Can you get this behaviour also without
> module-loopback? (e.g. by recording from the bluetooth source with
> parec) For further information on how to debug this, see
> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/HowToDebugCPULoadBugs

For recording from bluetooth source with parec, CPU usage is around:
5%- lt-pulseaudio
2% -lt-pacat

When playing the recorded file, with paplay:
55% -  lt-pulseaudio
5%-lt-pacat

Cristina