[pulseaudio-discuss] A few pulseadio related issues

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Feb 28 08:07:13 PST 2011

[Sorry about CC. It's generally not the done thing on this list. If you
like you can subscribe but disable delivery so you can post easily or
check via GMane's NNTP gateway which is what I personally do]

'Twas brillig, and Rafał Mużyło at 28/02/11 15:16 did gyre and gimble:
> Well, the session manager I used then was rox-session, now I'm using
> lxsession, which seems to be more popular.
> The bug now is:
> I start i.e. audacious on first display, switch to the second,
> start another audacious there. Both are playing. I stop audacious on the
> second and logout there. That stops audacious on first too, as while
> pulseaudio gets restarted, audacious still holds connection to the
> server that died. What's more (but that's (argueably) probably a bug in
> audacious), I need to kill audacious, as I can't just close it then.

Well that's the thing, PA should not die when the session manager dies.
It's meant to behave nicely.

I susepct it's the session manager that is killing the PA process.

If you unload the various X11 modules (only the ones for the session
you're logging out of tho' - the same modules will be loaded twice, once
for each session) gracefully via pacmd/pactl, then log out, does PA
still die?

If not, then the problem is in the session manager.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]