[pulseaudio-discuss] USB audio devices muted at non-zero volume

Marius Bjørnstad pmb at fa2k.net
Wed Jan 12 15:08:46 PST 2011

On 06/01/11 16:06, David Henningsson wrote:

> No, there isn't one. Here's the latest version:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/maverick (for Ubuntu 10.10)
> https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/ppa (for Ubuntu 10.04)
> https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/ppa/+files/alsamixertest_48.11.tar.gz
> (for other distros)
>
> It currently tests playback only. Before it makes sense to test
> recording as well, we'll have to fix up the input mixer paths in
> PulseAudio. I'm currently working on that, and making good progress.

Hi,
Sorry for the ridiculously late reply. It seems that my asus card does
not support full duplex on my main machine (I was able to run
alsamixertest on a different machine though).

The output for the Asus Xonar is attached. I think the last one (-103
dB) is really muted (?) . What do you think I can do?

I can't really do a lot about the Plantronics headset, it's at work, and
it's impossible to put the mic next to the speaker.

Cheers,
Marius