[pulseaudio-discuss] USB audio devices muted at non-zero volume

Alexey Fisher bug-track at fisher-privat.net
Wed Jan 12 22:34:07 PST 2011

Am Donnerstag, den 13.01.2011, 00:08 +0100 schrieb Marius Bjørnstad:
> On 06/01/11 16:06, David Henningsson wrote:
>
> > No, there isn't one. Here's the latest version:
> >
> > https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/maverick (for Ubuntu 10.10)
> > https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/ppa (for Ubuntu 10.04)
> > https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/ppa/+files/alsamixertest_48.11.tar.gz
> > (for other distros)
> >
> > It currently tests playback only. Before it makes sense to test
> > recording as well, we'll have to fix up the input mixer paths in
> > PulseAudio. I'm currently working on that, and making good progress.
> >

> Hi,
> Sorry for the ridiculously late reply. It seems that my asus card does
> not support full duplex on my main machine (I was able to run
> alsamixertest on a different machine though).
>
> The output for the Asus Xonar is attached. I think the last one (-103
> dB) is really muted (?) . What do you think I can do?
>
> I can't really do a lot about the Plantronics headset, it's at work, and
> it's impossible to put the mic next to the speaker.

Hi,
i haw some usb devices reporting wrong info. Usually you can't do
anything about it in pulse, it should be done on alsa site. Here is one
of patches i did for my HW:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=a5c7d797dcce3be5e77cd6ea62cc4920ededc32b;hp=272cbc98cfbdd30cff37a35f8ad8f1b737288e88

the problem you havem, is wrong number of mixer steps, some steps/levels
are just not working (becouse of buggy firmware). We should overwrite
the lowest level.

--
Regards,
        Alexey