[pulseaudio-discuss] State of various rate adjustment patches

Maarten Bosmans mkbosmans at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 12:41:57 PST 2011

2011/1/15 Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie>:
> Hi,
>
> I know people (i.e. Maarten) are discussing and proposing various rate
> adjustment patches just now. Not quite got a grasp on whether any of
> them are ready for merging so if/when they are, please just poke me.
>
> Col

The patches I sent to the list were mainly to illustrate the ideas I
was discussing. I am trying to make a coherent set out of them. Things
remaining are:
 - smoothing of the estimated (real) sample rate in module-rtp-recv.
I'm tryng to find a balance between very good runtime behaviour and
keeping the algorithm not too complicated.
 - module-loopback. I just need to setup a loopback and start some testing.

I would have expected that module-tunnel also needs sample rate
adjustments, but it appears it does not. Is that correct?

module-echo-cancel also seems to do sample rate adjustments. But it
seems that it is not completely implemented yet (there are commented
lines), so unless the author of that module explains what de desired
behaviour is, I'll just leave that.

I'll try to make a patch set and send them to the list for (hopefully)
final review.

Maarten