[pulseaudio-discuss] State of various rate adjustment patches

Maarten Bosmans mkbosmans at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 17:33:29 PST 2011

The branch is up at
https://github.com/mkbosmans/pulseaudio/compare/master...rate-adjustment
ready for merging, as far a I am concerned.

I'm still not entirely sure whether the change of
https://github.com/mkbosmans/pulseaudio/commit/72b90ea8ac53e23862284991a2ce355de250f585
is correct, but it seems to avoid unnecessary rewinds for me.

I've tested module-loopback by playing to a null-sink and looping its
monitor to the real alsa sink. This showed good behaviour, but may be
the algorithm I used for module-rtp-recv should also be used here.
Does anyone has a better suggestion for a setup to test
module-loopback? null-sink and alsa have very stable latencies, so its
no good test for module-loopback.

Maarten