[pulseaudio-discuss] State of various rate adjustment patches

pl bossart bossart.nospam at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 11:44:05 PST 2011

> I've tested module-loopback by playing to a null-sink and looping its
> monitor to the real alsa sink. This showed good behaviour, but may be
> the algorithm I used for module-rtp-recv should also be used here.
> Does anyone has a better suggestion for a setup to test
> module-loopback? null-sink and alsa have very stable latencies, so its
> no good test for module-loopback.

To test the loopback, what I had in mind was enabling a BT sink
(receving data from somewhere else using A2DP) and playing locally on
the speakers. That should trigger all kinds of latency issues since
the transmitter essentially pushes packets without worrying too much
about time, and the receiver has to do all the synchronization work.
Should be fairly easy to enable by modifying the
/etc/bluetooth/audio.conf, but I haven't had the time to test so far
-Pierre