[pulseaudio-discuss] Make discoverable PA network sound devices available locally results in huge network traffic

Maarten Bosmans mkbosmans at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 15:52:23 PST 2011

It looks like you have pavucontrol open on the laptop (twice). As it
connects to all the sources to display a vumeter, an audio stream from
the desktop to the laptop is necessary.

It looks like also all the sinks and sources from a third computer
"jenny" are forwarded to the laptop, further contributing to the
bandwidth.

Do you still see excessive bandwidth usage with pavucontrol (and
possibly other programs) closed?

Maarten