[pulseaudio-discuss] Build system: Makefile.am patches

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Jan 23 06:09:42 PST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Maarten Bosmans at 20/01/11 12:09 did gyre and gimble:
> The second patch removes a lot of redundancy in linking to the pulse
> libs for every module library.

This seems OK. I thought you had missed one because the gconf_helper
wasn't included. But then I woke up and realised it's not a module... :D

It may be in some conflict with other patches (which I've kinda lost
track of if I'm honest) regarding some of the underlinking stuff, but if
it proves to be a problem it can always be reverted. So applied.

> I would like to take this approach a bit further, but am unsure how.
> For example in the following lines:
>     module_rtp_send_la_SOURCES = modules/rtp/module-rtp-send.c
>     module_rtp_send_la_LDFLAGS = $(MODULE_LDFLAGS)
>     module_rtp_send_la_LIBADD = $(MODULE_LIBADD) librtp.la
>     module_rtp_send_la_CFLAGS = $(AM_CFLAGS)
> the CFLAGS line is redundant, because if nothing is specified,
> AM_CFLAGS is used anyway. I would like to be able to remove the
> LDFLAGS also, as it is always the same for all the modules (but
> different from AM_LDFLAGS). Is there any way to specify a different
> default LDFLAGS for all the modules together?

As I'm sure you'll have sussed by now, my autotools foo is far too weak
to know anything about this. It would be nice, tho' :)

Cheers

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]