[pulseaudio-discuss] Build system: Makefile.am patches

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 22:27:13 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 00:47 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
[...]
> > Looks like a double _top_builddir in there or similar. Not had a chance
> > to fix this yet. so not pushed, but if you happen to suss it out, just
> > ping me, otherwise I'll try and take a look this evening!
>
> I'm struggling to fix this :(
>
> I can make orc.mak work fine for some builds but not others.
>
> With the one you provide, I can run an in-tree build but it breaks with
> any kind of out-of-tree build.
>
> If I change $srcdir to $top_srcdir in orc.mak then it works for
> out-of-tree but breaks with in-tree...
>
> I think the problem is that the orc.mak is static and we may need it to
> be part of the autotools magic? Do you have more foo than me in this
> regard? Would this actually solve the problem?

I don't think this is it - it's just an included Makefile.am fragment,
so shouldn't really be a problem.

I do have the cause figured out though. $@ and $< already include the
directory components, so we don't need to prefix these with
$srcdir/$builddir. I thought I'd run across this and fixed it before,
but I must be mistaking it with something else. My tree has been updated
with this fix, so could you rebase and check if it works for you now?

Thanks!
Arun