[pulseaudio-discuss] Dynamic Range Compressor, almost success

Carlos Acedo carlos at linux-labs.net
Mon Jan 24 02:59:21 PST 2011

Hi!

I'm trying to enable DRC through LADSPA plugins, I found a solution that
work very well using dysonCompress and fastLookaheadLimiter with alsa, here
are the details:
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Ladspa_(plugin)

<http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Ladspa_(plugin)>The problem with alsa is
that I was unable to use surround (5.1) with this config. As pulseaudio
supports LADSPA plugins I'm trying to use this two plugins

The dysonCompressor works fine, I'm using this config:

load-module module-ladspa-sink
sink_name=ladspa_output.dyson_compress_1403.dysonCompress
master=alsa_output.pci-0000_00_05.0.analog-surround-51
plugin=dyson_compress_1403 label=dysonCompress control=0,1,0.5,0.99

With only this filter, a volume change takes effect after seconds/minutes,
very annoying.

According with the pulseaudio wiki ladspa module only supports plugins with
only one input:
"Currently this module only works with plugins that have one audio input
port named "Input" and one output with name "Output". Patches welcome!"
So this may be the problem, FastLookaheadLimiter has two inputs:

analyseplugin /usr/lib/ladspa/fast_lookahead_limiter_1913.so
Ports: "Input gain (dB)" input, control, -20 to 20, default 0
"Limit (dB)" input, control, -20 to 0, default 0
"Release time (s)" input, control, 0.01 to 2, default 0.5075
"Attenuation (dB)" output, control, 0 to 70
"Input 1" input, audio
"Input 2" input, audio
"Output 1" output, audio
"Output 2" output, audio
"latency" output, control

Is there something I can do to make this plugin work?

Thank you in advance

--
Carlos.