[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC] Fix up alsa mixer handling for varying port capabilities

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Jul 2 10:41:26 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 02/07/11 18:27 did gyre and gimble:
> So this patch should fix things up, but it's not yet complete.
>
> I realised (a little late) that the PA_SINK_SYNC_VOLUMES flag is still
> being altered after the sink was created, so I would propose to change
> this to some internal variable to avoid doing this.
>
> That said, this should work as a proof of concept and seems to work in the
> (minor) testing I've done. My USB handset that suffers from this problem
> works OOTB without any custom PCIID hacks which is nice, but the fourth
> patch may be a little broken in terms of being too eager to remove what
> it perceives as 'redundant' paths.
>
> Please let me know your thoughts.

Oh and also the dbus stuff is very much incomplete here too... I just
made the various methods all return false at the moment, but really they
should just be removed if everyone agrees with this change.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]