[pulseaudio-discuss] 2 minor issues noticed with padsp

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jul 12 09:12:00 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Arun Raghavan at 12/07/11 05:20 did gyre and gimble:
> On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 20:16 +0530, Arun Raghavan wrote:
>> On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 17:25 -0400, Drew Ogle wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a really old application that uses oss interfaces, and noticed
>>> that when attempting to run via padsp it would fail ( as opposed to
>>> with aoss ).
>>> After talking with Ford_Prefect in #pulseaudio, we narrowed down the
>>> problem to protocol-native.c
>>> Attached is a patch which allows padsp's get_sink_info call to success
>>> on the server side ( drop-invalid-check ).
>>> He mentioned that name is allowed to be null; which makes me think it
>>> might be less confusing to just do a *name check and then no others.
>>
>> Ack from me on the first patch.
>>
>>> Additionally, I noticed that in padsp.c it was recieving two callbacks
>>> in both sink and source_info_cb. As this appears to be the desired
>>> behavior in introspect.c, I modified the _cb functions to only notify
>>> if success was not already set.
>>
>> This second one can be tweaked so that we just drop the !si in both
>> those conditions - don't need to chagne anything else.
>
> Whoops, forgot about these. I've fixed them up and pushed to master.

Nice. Thanks for picking up the slack here :D One day this folder will
be marked as fully read on my system :D

For future reference you can use GIT_AUTHOR_NAME and GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL
env vars to force a commit by someone else such as with these patches
which is slightly nicer for attribution  (even tho' you do mention them
in the message, keeping the author is often nice).

Cheers

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]