[pulseaudio-discuss] Command Line Interface for pavucontrol

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jul 13 16:30:42 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Vallabha Hampiholi at 29/06/11 06:04 did gyre and gimble:
> Dear Experts,
>
> Is there any command line utility that I could use to control the
> application volume instead of the gui based pavucontrol?
>
> Thank you for your help in advance.

Yeah, pactl is the primary one. More capabilities will be added to it in
the upcoming 1.0 release to make it a bit more useful for volume control
too.

You can also use pacmd, but it's more of a debug tool and is subject to
change without notice on new releases.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]