[pulseaudio-discuss] Headset-detection

Himanshu Chug himanshu.chug at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 23:14:44 PDT 2011

Hi Colin,
Thanks for the useful information, good to know this information.
and after discussion with our kernel team here I come to know that they can
handle the JACK detection and route audio internally at ALSA level (like in
ubuntu10.10) and also they can exposed few mixer scripts to PA to externally
route the data over headset and loudspeaker if needed.

few more clarification :
- if not jack detection, then what module-udev-detect is montior for ? or in
other words what is the functionality of module-udev-detect?
- what will happen in case of USB headset plug-in/out, will that be appear
as a new sink ? or USB detection is also same as jack detection ?
- what to trigger to PA to appear/show a new sink (pacmd list-sink)? I am
trying to understand the "sink" definition in terms of PA ?

Best Regards,
Himanshu